DBA Cases

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Story

Let me tell you my story. I started EastLake Marketing Group after being fired from my corporate giant job. I was forty-something when this happened, so you can imagine I panicked. How do I start over at forty-one? Then I thought, after much debate, why not start my own business. I started my business in 2004 with about $20,000 in settlement money (I sued the corporate giant). This at the time was the only way I figured I would be safe from being fired ever again.

It's been almost 2 years since I become an entrepreneur, and let me tell you, I love every minute of being my own boss. Sure it's hard work, 12 hour days, 7 days a week. I've got seven clients, I work hard to serve them, so they don't go elsewhere. I also market my business to gain more clients (wear about 20 hats). My goal is to have at least 41 clients by 2008, hire two or three employees, then I think I'll be satisfied.

EastLake Marketing Group specializes in small business marketing. I offer web design, graphic design, promotional products and marketing advice.

So that's my story. On the advice of my twenty-something myspace-blog-queen daughter, I decided to start my own blog. I'll be giving away free marketing advice. Feel free to contact me for anything specific.

No comments: