DBA Cases

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Negative People Are Everywhere

Negative people are everywhere. They are your co-workers, your friends, family members, husbands, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, etc.

Yes, they are indeed everywhere.

The other day I ran into a friend, I have not seen in a while. On this particular day it was sunny and quite warm for Sacramento weather this time of year. I proceeded to engage in the usual small talk, asking my friend how she had been since the last time I saw her. The very moment she began to answer my questions I felt a since of gloom come over me, like a rainy day. What happened to my sunshine? My first thought was to run away from her, but that would have been a silly move.

She droned on and on and on about the loss of her job, how she would not take a job that was beneath her, and would remain on unemployment as long as she could, about how her partner was acting up, and she did not think they would last another year, about how her car was not working, so she now has to make use of public transportation. This went on for about 20 minutes. I felt all the good energy I was feeling before I ran into her literally being sucked right out of me. So I did what anyone else would have done, I explained that I was on my way to a meeting and needed to get going. Okay, so I did not have a meeting that day, but I was taking care of some business, either way I wanted no part of this misery.

My friend may not even have realized how negative she presented herself to me, but I sure did. I often wonder, do people ever stop to think that when someone ask them how their life is or day is, do they honestly not have anything positive to share? Why do they share everything that is negative? Could it be that they're just a negative person? Could it be we as a society are hard-wired to think sharing what is going on in our lives means we should only express the negative? Something to think about, huh?

What are your thoughts?

Get In Contact:
Maddison D. Cephas
EastLake Marketing Group
The Small Business Marketing Spot!
916.548.6328 – Marketing Consulting

No comments: